Call Us609-704-1313121 South White Horse Pike, Hammonton, NJ 08037Email


  • What can I expect on my first day?
  • Do you offer psychiatry services at your facility?
  • My medication requires my blood work to be monitored – can you do that?
  • What kind of groups do you offer?
  • What are my funding options?
  • What is Group Counseling?
  • What is Partial Care?
  • What types of mental health professionals are at Unity Place?
What can I expect on my first day?
  • You will be picked up by one of our transportation vehicles and brought to our program.
  • You will be greeted by our receptionist and shown where to have breakfast and coffee.
  • You will be greeted by a member of the intake team to sign releases and program forms. When you are finished signing paperwork, a licensed clinician will do your clinical intake assessment. The goal of which is to determine which program best suits your needs.
  • You will be introduced to your assigned case manager and other clinical staff.
  • You will then be directed to your specific group room.
  • Congratulations, and welcome! You have completed your intake at Unity!
Do you offer psychiatry services at your facility?

Unity Place is proud to have Melissa Lewis, PA on our staff under the direction of our Medical Director Norman Chazin, MD. Ms. Lewis currently sees clients 2 days a week. New clients will be seen within the first two weeks of their admission.

My medication requires my blood work to be monitored – can you do that?

Yes. We work with an outside lab called TrueTox* that has a phlebotomist on staff. We are also able to administer and keep track of clients who are on injectable medication.

What kind of groups do you offer?

We offer a wider range of psychoeducation groups from CBT, self-esteem, depression support, health and wellness, relationships, independent living skills and family dynamics. We also have groups for creative expression, domestic violence support, men’s/women’s groups, and conflict resolution

Unity Place offers groups that are specific to addiction and recovery, groups that are specific to mental health, and groups that are specific to the co-occurring diagnosis, which address both mental health and substance abuse. Clients can also sign up for specialty groups like IMR (Illness Management & Recovery) grief and loss, the Anger Management certificate program, Self-Care, Trauma and Pre-Voc.

What are my funding options?
  • Medicaid
  • Drug court funding
  • NJSI
  • Magellan
What is Group Counseling?

Group Counseling is a process where a collection of clients with similar issues or concerns meet as a group with one or more facilitators, to discuss those issues, and to learn about and share information and solutions about those issues. Many groups are designed to target a specific problem, such as depression, social anxiety, or substance abuse. Other groups focus more generally on improving social skills, helping people deal with a range of issues such as anger, loneliness and low self-esteem. Joining a group of strangers may sound intimidating at first, but group counseling provides benefits that individual counseling may not. Groups can act as a support network and a sounding board. Regularly talking and listening to others also helps you put your own problems in perspective. Oftentimes, you may feel like you are the only one struggling — but you’re not. It can be a relief to hear others discuss what they’re going through, and realize you’re not alone.

What is Partial Care?

It is an intensive, nonresidential, therapeutic treatment program.  Our program provides clinical treatment services in a stable, trusting environment.

Our Partial Care system provides clients with a highly structured intensive day treatment program. The treatment includes group counseling and support, therapeutic activities to address daily living (ADL) skills, recreation and stabilization needs; psychiatric assessment and medication management; case coordination; and referral, advocacy, and linkage to other services.

What types of mental health professionals are at Unity Place?

Physician Assistant

PAs are medical professionals who diagnose illness, develop and manage treatment plans, prescribe medications, and often serve as a patient’s principal healthcare provider. With thousands of hours of medical training, PAs are versatile and collaborative. PAs practice in every state and in every medical setting and specialty, improving healthcare access and quality.


A psychiatrist is a medical doctor and the only professional that specializes in mental health care and can prescribe medications. (Family doctors often prescribe medications for mental health concerns, but do not have specialized training or background in treatment mental disorders.) Most psychiatrists focus on prescribing the appropriate medication that’s going to work best for that individual and their concerns; a few also do psychotherapy.

Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)

Clinical social workers are Masters Level, licensed clinicians that diagnose and treat people with mental disorders and various emotional and behavioral disturbances. Clinical social workers are essential to a variety of client-centered settings, including community mental health centers, hospitals, substance use treatment and recovery program , and private practice settings. Clinical social work has a primary focus on the mental, emotional, and behavioral well-being of individuals, couples, families, and groups. It centers on a holistic approach to psychotherapy and the client’s relationship to his or her environment. Clinical social work views the client’s relationship with his or her environment as essential to treatment planning. Clinical social work is a state regulated professional practice. It is guided by state laws and regulations.

​Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LDADC)

A Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor is a Masters level, licensed, behavioral health professional who helps clients struggling with addictions. These professionals assess and diagnose substance use disorders, as well as work individually or in group counseling sessions. The goal is to help a client pinpoint the situations and behaviors that lead to relapse and block the road to recovery. The drug counselor may also help their clients find jobs or refer them to other resources, services, and support groups. In some cases, an addiction counselor may also conduct programs or informational sessions that teach not only their clients, but also family and friends of patients about addiction, behavioral disorders, coping strategies, signs of addiction, and how to avoid destructive behavior. Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counseling is a state-regulated professional practice. It is guided by state laws and regulations.

Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) intern/ Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) Intern

A CADC intern and LCADC intern is a person in the process of becoming licensed as a LCADC or certified as a CADC depending on the course of study each individual pursues. The LCADC is a master’s level credential, and the CADC is not. Both the LCADC and the CADC require 270 hours of required core courses in alcohol and drug counseling. Along with the educational hours required, a candidate for certification or licensure must complete 3,000 supervised experience hours at an approved internship. Interns provide such services as individual and group counseling, case management, assessment, and information and referral. Both CADC and LCADC interns are supervised closely by a Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS).

Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS)

​A Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) is a Masters level, certified, clinical supervisor who provides close supervision of CADCs, CADC Interns and LCADC Interns. This occurs through supervision meetings, case conceptualizations, cosigning of all documentation and treatment records and direct observation. CCS assist the alcohol and drug counselor intern to function in a professional manner and comply within all State and Federal regulations and with the current professional code of ethics.


Contact Us

121 South White Horse Pike
Hammonton, NJ 08037


Untitled Document  

Copyright by Unity Place of Atlantic County 2020. All rights reserved.